Upgrading to the latest version of Live Assist
Please note: The April 2018 Release is now available. Please review the Release Notes for more information.
After upgrading, agents may see an error when accessing existing chat activities. This is caused by Dynamics caching the form from an earlier version. The issue is easily resolved by agents clearing their browser cache so that Dynamics loads the new form.
Accessing the Live Assist components
If you have made any customization to entities within CRM you may have created additional dependencies on components owned by Live Assist. You can view the Live Assist components using the instructions below. If not go straight to Section 2. Update Live Assist for 365
- Login to the Dynamics Org as an Administrator
- Go to Settings
- Select Customizations
- Select Solutions
- Click on the "Live Assist for Microsoft Dynamics Powered by CaféX" link/entry in the Display Name column; a new window should open. Alternatively double-clicking anywhere in the Live Assist row will also open the new window.
- Click on Components and ensure Component Type is set to "All". In the Table below, all of the elements provided by Live Assist are displayed.
- Specific types of items can be filtered by selecting a Component Type in the drop-down above the table, or selecting the component type in the menu on the left of the window.
If you have made customizations to any of the components listed in the table on your organisation you have two options:
- Upgrade the current Organziation (Recommended where minimal or no dependencies exist)
- Remove the few dependencies on Live Assist on the Org in use.
- Update Live Assist for 365 (See Below).
- Reapply the customizations/dependencies.
- Create a new sandbox Organziation. (Recommended for orgs with a greater number of dependencies)
- Create a new Sandbox or Trial Organziation.
- Install Live Assist for 365 (the latest version of Live Assist will be installed)
- Export customization from the current org as an unmanaged solution and import into the new Sandbox/Trial.
- For guidance on Exporting and Importing Unmanaged Solutions please refer to the Microsoft Documentation - Create, export, or import an unmanaged solution.
- Retest with customizations reapplied from the import.
Note: Option 2 will mean you lose any existing Engagement Configuration and it will have to be added manually via the engagement portal.
Retrieve Dependencies For Uninstall via URL
As documented in the RetrieveDependenciesForUninstallRequest SDK page you can also check the Live Assist dependencies on your instance with the following URL
This will return a json list of dependencies which your customizations have created.
Upgrade Live Assist for 365 to the latest version
Note: It is recommended that any Sandbox organizations are updated prior to trial and runtime organizations.
To upgrade to the latest version of Live Assist for Dynamics 365 first go to your Office 365 portal at portal.office.com
Then go to the Dynamics Admin Centre:
Select the CRM Instance which you wish to upgrade, then go to Solutions:
Select the currently installed version of Live Assist and click Upgrade (you may need to view other pages to find this). If you have Live Assist for USD available you will have two solutions with Upgrade options available. Please ensure that you upgrade Live Assist for USD last. Do not go directly to the 2.0.# solution to install!:
Accept the License Agreement and installation of the upgrade will start:
Wait until this changes to installed, this may take some time and you may need to refresh:
You will now see the version as the installed solution inside CRM (Go to Settings > Solutions):
After a refresh, your agent widget will show the new Version.