Creating Chat Engagements
To create a chat engagement:
1. On the Add Campaign page, click + Add engagement. The Engagement template gallery is displayed.
2. From the Source drop down menu, ensure that Website is selected. Under Channel, select Conversation. Select the format and size from the design options. Alternatively, design your own engagement by selecting Action, and then clicking Add.
3. Click Next. The Engagement studio is displayed.
Customizing the engagement
In the Engagement studio, use the tools to customize your engagement according to your messaging and branding.
Setting the language for the engagement
During the creation of a chat engagement, you have the option to choose a specific language audience. This will then automatically change the Predefined Content, embedded engagement window, and automatic messages to the desired language for this specific engagement.
To set the language for an engagement:
- In the Engagement studio, click the Settings menu
- Select the language you want to attach to your current engagement
Assigning a skill to the engagement
Assigning a skill to your engagement ensures the consumer is connected to an agent with the correct knowledge, and minimizes the need to transfer the consumer to a different agent.
To assign a skill to an engagement:
- In the Engagement studio, click the Settings menu. The list of skills is displayed in the dropdown menu.
- Select the skill that you want to attach to your current engagement, and then click Publish. The skill is now assigned to the engagement.
- Click Next. The Engagement window library is displayed.
Configuring and designing the Embedded Engagement Window
The Engagement window studio displays the look and feel of both desktop and mobile windows. The windows work on desktop and mobile in the same way, meaning that the window only needs to be set up once, and it will adjust automatically. Any change you make to the design of the desktop window takes effect in the mobile window.
Using the Engagement window studio, you can do the following:
- Customize the look and feel
- Add your company’s logo, a picture of your agent, or another image
- Add action buttons, for example, to request an email of the chat transcript
To access the Engagement window studio:
In the Engagement window library, hover over an existing window design and click Edit, or click Add new to design a new window. The Engagement window studio is displayed. After you design the window, it will be added to your Engagement window library.
Note: In the Engagement window library, you can delete window designs that are not in use by clicking the Action menu and selecting Delete. In addition, you can set a default window design by clicking the Action menu and selecting Set as default. Hover over the link icon on each window to learn which campaigns are using this window.
The window name and description are used to help you identify windows in the library.
To edit the window name and description:
- Select the window you want to edit. The Engagement window studio is displayed.
- Under Window name and description, enter a new window name and type in a description. The name and description displays in the Engagement window library.
You can fully customize the window to suit your brand by changing the colors, fonts, visitor bubble, agent bubble, system messages, info line, and window background.
To customize chat window elements:
- Click on an element.
- From the properties window, customize the element according to your brand. You can change the icon set of some elements to suit the background.
Tip: Choose bright icons for dark backgrounds and dark icons for bright backgrounds.
- Surveys and dialogs inherit the main chat window’s colors.
- The background color is the same as the window background.
- Text is the same color and font as the Automatic Messages.
- Buttons have the same look and feel as the title bar.
Pop-out Engagements do not supported co-browse
Pop-out engagements do not support the co-browse feature. Only use a pop-out engagement if you are sure the escalation to co-browse feature is not part of the workflow you're building. When configuring the Engagement Window, the Pop-out option can be disabled on the Menu Elements window.
Adding your logo to the window
- Click the Add elements button to display the menu.
2. Click the checkmark button next to logo, and then click the +Add button.
3. Enter the URL of the image.
4. Click the checkmark button to apply the URL
5. Select a background color if required.
Note: If your logo is not the full body width of the window, the background color will be displayed on the sides.
6. Choose the position of the logo. You can align the logo to the left, center or right.
Note: If you add a logo but do not add an image, an error will display on the page highlighted in red. At this point you must add your image URL.
Adding an image to the window
You can also customize the window by adding an image.
Note: For security reasons, images must be hosted over HTTPS.
To add an image to the window:
- Click the Add Elements button (+ sign). The Add elements menu is displayed.
- Click the checkmark button next to Image, and then click Select
- Select an image from the Gallery, or select Custom to add your own image.
- Choose a background color, if required.
Note: If your image is not the full body width of the window, the background color will be displayed on the sides.
Adding additional functionality to your window
You can also add additional functionality to your window. This additional functionality includes options for your consumers, for example, they can select to receive an email transcript of the conversation, or to hear sounds when they receive a new message. There are also options to adjust the look and feel of the menu for consumers.
To add additional functionality to your window:
- Click the Add Elements button (+ sign) and then the Menu elements
2. Select the action that you would like to add. A preview displays on the screen.
3. To change the font or color of the Menu elements, click on an element in the embedded engagement window. The Menu look and feel is displayed
4. Change the font, background color and/or icon color (dark or bright), as required.
In Live Assist, there are several types of surveys: Each is a short, online form that is filled out at some stage of the engagement.
- Pre-chat survey: Provides agents with information about the visitor prior to the onset of the chat. This allows them to better understand the needs of the visitor. The visitor’s details are displayed in the Agent Workspace.
- Post-chat survey: Presented to visitors after the chat. In these surveys, visitors are asked to rate the service provided in the chat. This information can then be used to evaluate your agents.
- Offline survey: Presented to visitors when no agents are available to chat. Visitors are informed that an agent will follow up with them during regular business hours. This ensures a better experience for your visitors and offers you another opportunity to chat with your customers.
Note: An additional type of survey, the Agent survey, is not applicable to the Live Assist solution, as your agents will be handling chats in Dynamics CRM.
To create a survey:
1. In the Engagement window studio, click the Views drop-down menu to view the list of surveys.
2. Click the survey you want to edit.
3. Click the question you want to edit.
4. Type in your question, and then select the Question type.
5. Check the Required question if you want the question to be mandatory, and then click Done.
6. Click + Add Question to add a new question.
7. Click Save to finish.
Adding a routing question to your pre-chat survey
Adding a routing question to your pre-chat survey ensures that visitors get routed to an agent with the relevant skills. This allows you to provide your visitor with the flexibility to choose the type of assistance they need, and who they would like to chat with.
To add a routing question:
- In the Engagement window studio, from the Views drop-down menu, select Pre-chat survey.
2. Click the question: What is the nature of your inquiry? This is the default routing question.
3. If you want to change the default routing question, click on the Question field and type the question you want to display to the visitor.
4. Click the Required question checkbox if you want this question to be mandatory.
5. From the Skill drop-down menu, attach the related skill.
6. To add another answer to the drop-down menu, click Add answer.
7. Using the arrow keys, you can change the order of the answers.
8. When you have finished, click Done, and then Save.
- Routing questions interfere with the skill you selected on the engagement level. For this reason, you should remove the skill definition from any engagement that includes a routing question.
- Each pre-chat survey can contain only one routing question.
Adding a CSAT question to your post-chat survey
Asking your consumers to complete a brief survey at the end of a conversation can provide you with valuable input and insights about their experience. The post-chat survey can include questions about the wait time, the information provided, the agent’s service, their overall level of satisfaction, or any other comment your consumer may have.
When creating a post-chat survey, you can ask any of the following questions:
- Was your query resolved? (use a yes/no radio button);
- How would you rate the service provided? (use a scale combining both numbers and words, such as: 5=excellent, 4=good, 3=average, 2=poor or 1=extremely poor);
- How likely is it that you would recommend [Your Company] to a friend or colleague? (use the Net Promoter Score scale of 0-10).
Would you like us to send you a transcript of the chat? (use a yes/no radio button along with a text area for their e-mail) comments (use a text area).
Assigning a location to the engagement
Assigning a location to an engagement enables you to target users who visited particular pages of your website, and to narrow down the customers that you want to chat with. You can use one of the predefined locations, such as Entire Website, or focus your targeting on a particular page or set of pages.
To edit the location of your engagement:
1. If you want your engagement to appear on every page of your website, click Entire website. Alternatively, to focus your targeting on a particular page or set of pages, click Add new location. This displays the Add new location page.
2. In the top field, enter a location name. Press Enter to refresh the page.
3. In the dropdown menu, select Contains, Exact, or Advanced. Copy the target URL into the field on the right.
4. Click + Add URL to add more URLs.
5. If you want to exclude the engagement from specific pages, click + Exclude location and copy the target URL into the field on the right. Click Save.
6. When you have finished, click Next. The Visitor behavior library is displayed
Note: Locations are shared throughout your account. If you modify a location, the change will be applied to any other engagements that use this location.
Defining the visitor behavior
Live Assist enables you to plan goal-oriented campaigns aimed at specific target audiences. You can create various engagements within each campaign, and display them based on visitor behavior and location on your website.
To define the visitor behavior:
- In the Visitor behavior library, click + Add new.
2. Select an existing target audience by hovering over one of the options and clicking Edit. The Edit target audience dialog box is displayed. Alternatively, to define a new target audience, click + Add New. The Add new target audience dialog box is displayed
3. Type a name for your visitor behavior, and add a description.
4. Add conditions by selecting from the condition list on the left. Click Save.
5. Click Done to save this visitor behavior.